Brunches to Beat Ep. 1

April 4, 2018


Snooze A.M. Eatery, Denver, CO

Lots of solid choices here. I ordered the Chili Verde Benedict with barbacoa. There's green chili sauced tortillas cooked with magic so they act as the biscuit/english muffin element in the benedict. Genius. All topped with poached cage free eggs, green chili hollandaise, pico de gallo and cotija cheese. I can honestly say this is the best thing I've eaten so far in 2018.

My boyfriend ordered the shrimp and grits, which was also delicious! He didn't love me enough to get a sunny-side egg for better aesthetics, however he did let me taste his apple mimosa. Of all the mimosa concoctions I've tried (pineapple, white peach, strawberry, etc.), this was the most delicious aside from OJ and seemingly the most obvious. We tried recreating it when we got home but ehh...pro tip: spring for not the cheapest champagne and a darker, cider-like apple juice (ie: Simply). In any case, I hope this chain (yes, chain, HOW?) makes its way over to the midwest sometime soon.

Would order again without trying something new.    
Hasbrowns: 10/10

Hutch American Bistro, Chicago, IL 



I don't want to give this spot too much credit because I did watch them burn the shit out of my friends biscuit. Buuuut if you are a lover of all things benedict, this is one you'll wanna try. Also, there's $2 mimosas on weekdays (get the white peach!) if you wanted to turn that self-care call off into a real party. I ordered the Pulled Bacon Benedict. Of course, before ordering, I asked what the hell pulled bacon entailed. Cured, whole slab bacon, brined for a week then braised. Heaven heaven heaven stop talking. It was awesome. With the rich, saltiness of the bacon, I think it would've been better served on a buttery, crisp biscuit but after seeing how they murder biscuits in that kitchen I want no parts.

Would order again without trying something new. 
Hasbrowns: (N/A, cheesy mash) 7/10

Post a Comment